The ICG623 cable gland provides two independent seals on non-armoured, elastomer and plastic insulated cables. The first is a flameproof barrier (compound) seal around each individual core, with an additional IP seal on the outer sheath. The cable gland is dual certified Exd and Exe and is suitable for installation in Zone 1 (21) and Zone 2 (22) hazardous areas.
- Cable inner sheaths that are not effectively filled, compact and/or circular, have tape bedding or have hygroscopic fillers.
- Cables that exhibit ‘cold flow’ characteristics.
- Enclosures containing an ignition source in gas group IIC areas or containing an ignition source in a Zone 1 area.
- Provides a barrier seal between the individual insulated cores within the cable and prevents entry of the products of an explosion into the cable.
- Assembly of the cable gland compresses and distributes the compound evenly to effect a barrier seal at the point of entry into the enclosure.
- The compound chamber may be separated from the cured compound to ensure that the chamber has been effectively illed.
- If required, external voids can be repaired.
- Provides a cable retention seal onto the cables outer sheath.