Overview Hawke ControlEX Connector
The ControlEx range, suitable for control and low/medium power applications, it’s our most versatile option. With a wide range of insert configurations and rated up to 3KV in some cases this connector allows Hawke to tailor a connector solution to the customer’s needs. The robust stainless steel body can hold up to 60 contacts and will accept conductor sizes ranging between 0.5mm² and 35mm², operating up to 125A and 750V.
- Easily Fieldwireable - Pin and socket inserts are front and back to assist wiring and avoid termination errors.; Internal Keyway Spacer - Eases accessibility for termination
- Locking Pin - Optional locking pin provides the facility for mated connectors to be permanently locked; Keying Position - Eliminates the possibility of misconnection of adjacent circuits.
- Running Coupler - Allows the connector to be installed onto a pre-assembled cable gland.
- Acme Thread at Mating Interface - Unique ACME thread offers a smooth and quick fully mating action.
- Fully Inspectable Flameproof Barrier - Provides direct inspection of the flameproof seal
- Anti-Rotation Device - helps to eliminate the possibility of the gland loosening
Overview Hawke InstrumEX Connector
The InstrumEx design allows the live mate and de-mating of signal and low power in hazardous areas safely and quickly. This connector is available in 4, 8 and 9 way configurations , up to 2.5mm contacts and allows for a maximum of 250V, 10A. Made from brass nickel plated or stainless steel material it includes an integral cable glands which not only make the connector smaller it also allows it to be cheaper than its competitors while still maintaining the durability required in hazardous area applications.
- Pre-Terminated; Electrical Insert With Key - Easy to assemble electrical insert allows crimped or soldered connections
- Integral Keying - Machined key and keyway ensures connector alignment. Unique 5 position insert keying system prevents cross-mating
- Quick Connect - Unique 4 start ACME thread offers a smooth and quick fully mating action in less than two turns. Earth continuity is achieved via a 360° contact clip
- Keyed Positions - Secondary keying on the actual insert bodies guarantees contact alignment, preventing pin damage
- Anti-rotation - Profiled Spigot and connector body prevent cable rotation, eliminating cable damage.
Overview Hawke FibreEx Connector
In a digital age, one need is clear - the need to process ever-increasing amounts of data at lightning fast speeds. Fibre optics has long catered for this need in commercial applications but, until now, fibre technology has posed serious ignition risk in hazardous areas. The Fibre Ex range combines Hawke’s extensive experience in hazardous environments with specialist knowledge of Fibre Optic technology to safely bring power of Fibre Technology to Ex environments.
- Certified to the latest BS EN 60079-28 Optical Radiation Standard
- Ideal for providing ultra-high bandwidths and sensing for some of the world's harshest environments
- Keyed Positions for the prevention of pin damge
- All BR Connectors Supplied pre-terminated
- Our unique 4 start ACME thread offers a smooth and quick fully mating action in less than two turns for fast and simple installation
- Easy to install and inspect
- Profiled spigot and connector body prevent cable rotation eliminate cable damage
- Termination Service Available from Acal BFi on request
- Fibre Technology - Available in both single and multimode option in 4 and 8 way configurations
Overview Hawke PowerEx Connector
The PowerEx range of connectors have been designed specifically for the extremely demanding requirements of higher power applications. Inserts are available with 1 to 4 contacts with a conductor acceptance range of between 50mm2 and 630mm2 operating up to 780A and 750V as standard. Other voltages available on special request.
- Running Coupler - Allows the connector to be installed onto a pre-assembled cable gland
- Keying Position - The unique visual 5 position insert keying system along with the the integral machined keyway prevents contact damage and ensures safe use by eliminating the possibility of misconnection of adjacent circuits.
- Internal Earth - Internal earth fitted as standard. Sized to suit cables earthing facility.
- Easy Fieldwireable - Insert assembled outside connector shell to assist wiring and allow greater flexibility.
- Multilam Technology - Tried and tested multiple high contact force, low resistance multilams used in all contacts.
- Acme Thread At Mating Interface - Unique ACME thread offers a smooth and quick fully mating action.
Inserts are available with 1 to 4 contacts with a conductor acceptance range of between 50mm2 and 630mm2 operating up to 780A and 750V as standard.