The CSB 656N cable gland provides a barrier type seal (compound) around each individual core installed in conduit. The cable gland is dual certified Exd and Exe and is suitable for installation in Zone 1 (21) and Zone 2 (22) hazardous areas.
- Cable inner sheaths that are not effectively filled, compact and/or circular, have tape bedding or have hygroscopic fillers.
- Cables that exhibit ‘cold flow’ characteristics.
- Enclosures containing an ignition source in gas group IIC areas or containing an ignition source in a Zone 1 area.
- Provides a barrier seal between the individual insulated cores within the cable and prevents entry of the products of an explosion into the cable or conduit.
- Seals conductors at entry to enclosure via conduit or enables an existing cable gland to be converted to a barrier type cable gland.
- The device is fitted with a simple compound filled chamber which permits packing around individual insulated conductors.
- Assembly of the cable gland compresses and distributes the compound evenly to create a barrier seal at the point of entry into the enclosure.
- The compound chamber may be separated from the cured compound to ensure that the chamber has been effectively filled.
- If required, external voids can be repaired.
- Provides female running coupler for cable gland or conduit entry.