The PSG/553/RAC Cable Gland is a Group II certified instant barrier cable gland suitable for installation in Zone 1/21 and Zone 2/22 hazardous areas. Dual Certified ATEX/IECEx (along with many more) for use in Increased Safety (Exe), Flameproof (Exd), Restricted Breathing (ExnR) and Dust (Ext) protection concepts. Integral grounding ring suitable for single wire armour ‘W’, wire braid ‘X’ and tape armour ‘Z’. Suitable for both elastomer and plastic insulated cables. The gland provides an instant compression barrier around cable conductors (no waiting for compount to cure!), and a low smoke, zero halogen IP and retention seal onto the cable outer sheath.
- Metallic body construction
- Elastomeric Exd flameproof compression seal around cable conductors - No waiting for compound to cure!
- No special installation or punch tools required
- Reversible Armour Clamp - For all types of armour, braid and tape
- Patented Cable Gland Tightening Guide - Helps prevent damage caused by over tightening
- Unique Rear Seal - Offering ultimate sealing over an extremely wide cable acceptance range
- Available with metric or NPT entry threadforms